Saturday, May 10, 2014

And We'll Never Be Royals

One of the reasons I love photography so much is because it mixes work with pleasure perfectly!  

Last weekend I attended my friend Annabelle's baby shower, and besides having lots of fun (and binging on delicious Persian food) I also took some photos with my new camera.  Thanks, Annabelle, for opening your home once again, and for sharing your lovely friends and family with me!  I can't wait to meet Tristan soon!

Technical notes: I used my Sigma Macro lens as I had a momentary trouble mounting my 50mm Nikkor and I panicked a little... but it performed excellently even in the low light indoor settings.  This also necessitated the use of flash, and I really really need to get me a speedlight sometime soon (and learn to use it - I'm exclusively a natural light photographer and indoor events get me in a lot of trouble).

Nikon D7100, minimally processed to sharpen and convert to .jpg, otherwise mostly SOOC.  With the exception of the black and white images, for which I used VSCO for Lightroom.

P.S. This crown-shaped cake was simply heavenly!






No comments:

Post a Comment