Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Visit to the Firehouse, Take Two (Success!)

This morning we finally succeed in meeting our local firefighters at Belmont's Fire Station 14.  It was such a lovely experience for Johnny, who is particularly obsessed with fire engines, and for me as it reminded me a bit of my work for the Police Force back in Bulgaria.  

There's something about firemen, isn't there?  They are cute and fit and heroic and always smiling kindly, as if they know some secret about life that the rest of us don't.  I wish I had asked them to pose for me more formally - next time I will!

These images have very little artistic value as I just wanted to report the visit without turning it into a photoshoot; I was too afraid I will somehow offend the honor of the profession if didn't act respectfully.  I didn't take exceptional photos today but Johnny's face says it all nevertheless.

Thank you, Station 14 officers, for your hospitality and for your service in the name of our safety!







No comments:

Post a Comment