Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Have you seen my Instagram page? Because it is awesome.


I had about three thousand five previous accounts, but none to this level of success.  Which is, of course, ironic considering I get 16 "likes" at most of a given photo - almost as many as my followers.  But that's besides the point.  I am being very selective about what I post, and I feel I'm on my way to turning this into a state-of-the-art space for sharing personal images.  

It's a bit disappointing that they don't look as high-contrast on a regular computer screen (unless it's a Mac) as it does on the iPhone, but I am working on fixing that during the editing process.  I'm using the VSCOcam and Afterlight apps for filters and crop options respectively (and for some fun faux-film effects).  The good news is that the iPhone allows me to capture moments that would have required lots of work and preparation if I was using my camera.  The flexibility is wonderful, especially when photographing kids.  And in my reality, kids, cats and naturey crap is what rules.

I was thinking about this the other day - people living in big cities practically have their photographs ready made for them.  It's so easy to take good pictures in the city!  The subjects are abundant, the people don't care if you point a camera in their general direction, and the symmetry of the urban spaces provide wonderful backgrounds and multiple opportunities for composition and perspective.  It makes me proud that I manage to find something interesting or worthy to shoot even though suburbia is such a photographic (and otherwise cultural) wasteland.

So, let's connect!  That's a way to keep up both with updates from my personal life, and visually enjoy the work I do with my iPhone - images I also feature on my other blog.


P.S. Dear Blogger - you won't embed an Instagram code? Really?!  I had to actually screenshot this image...Tsk-tsk.  Google gets yet another strike, and don't be surprised that I stop complaining about it and actually migrate to Wordpress for real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment