Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."
~ J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

I am so glad I am out with the old and in with the new!  There are so many fresh starts awaiting, and I am excited and hopeful and ready to go and be and do.  It's going to be great.  Stick around and share these pieces of life with me, and I promise that you'll have so much fun!

I think the theme in 2014 is still going to be "family & kids" but this time there will be more of it, and better - more kids, more time with family, better camera and more photos of the kids and the time spent with family; more trips and adventures and gigs and challenges, more living, better living, full of more love and then some.  
Johnny, John, my Mom and I went for a walk down at Twin Pines Park on the first day of the new year.  As I watched Johnny play I couldn't help but feel like Holden Caulfield a little bit... :)

P.S. I can't get over Johnny's hilarious new haircut (for which I and only I am guilty responsible), and the way his hat squished his ears and turned him into a real Hobbit.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment