Sunday, November 24, 2013

There's nothing that can help you understand your beliefs more than trying to explain them to an inquisitive child.

~Frank A. Clark

I finally got around to doing this gig and I am glad - we scheduled it for 9 am and the light was just right.  The park provided a wonderful redwood tree background bokeh and my subjects were, as usual, picture perfect.  I love doing family shoots, and this particular family is one of my favorites, probably because they are all so radiant and easy-going, but also because their numbers have been growing steadily in the past three years, and the more the better.  The last time I photographed them their baby girl wasn't even born yet, and the brother was just starting to walk.  Gosh, time flies when you are having kids!

I have two technical notes to self: the 30mm, f/1.4 Sigma lens is actually digitally flawed and failed to autofocus in about 35% of the shots.  I believed that it performed well at first but I was shooting in dim light, and this occasion was more than sufficiently lit.  It could have been a major problem but I was lucky (this time) because in exactly the same 35% of the shots I was not able to get all of the family members to look into the camera at the same time, so they became discarded outtakes.  Which brings me to the second thing - always bring a colorful or noisy toy to wave over your head when photographing children in order to capture their attention.

So, here are my favorite shots from the series.  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment