Friday, November 22, 2013

I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything.

~John Steinbeck

I had two photoshoots scheduled for this week, plus a good number of chores and engagements planned, but they all fell through when I got sick, followed by Johnny, so we spent many days sitting at home nursing our coughs and fevers.  Adding to my horror of getting up a billion times at night (and having to deal with a very cranky, very stubborn toddler), I was faced with the failed opportunity of using the Sigma lens I had rented for the occasion of my cancelled gigs.  It's a 30mm, f/1.4 glass of near perfection, and I was dying to try it out.  Luckily, I refused to accept such an anti-climatic development of things, and I started shooting whatever I had and saw right here at home, with no regard of elaborate artistry.

The lens performed exceptionally well in the low-light indoor conditions at home; on top of things it finally rained and it got dimmer than ever.  Still, I am quite happy with what I came up with.  The following images are practically representative of my life in general - Shelby and Johnny, my Mom and John, the daily routine of cooking and bathing and reading and watching the gardeners and the garbage trucks and hanging out, and the occasional walk around the neighborhood.  Not too shabby, after all.  Not too spectacular, either, but full of love, which is much more precious to me in the big scheme of things!

I still can't get over the way Blogger completely ruins my image quality.  I'll try and post some of the shots on Flickr for a better viewing experience!

Oh, and the headshots of me?  Johnny took them :)

So welcome to my world, thanks for visiting, and enjoy!

P.S. Johnny has discovered his "camera smile".  It's crazy to think that he is becoming increasingly self-conscious even at that early age.

P.P.S. Roseola sucks.























No comments:

Post a Comment