Friday, June 29, 2012

Photo Journal

I have an OCD when it comes to documenting my life in images.  Some people can't live without their cars, without TV, or without connection to the Internet; I can't live without a camera.  Well, it's more like I don't want to.  Sometimes I catch myself instinctively reaching for the camera instead of simply savoring a special moment, and I still can't decide if that's good or bad...  In any case, I end up taking lots and lots of pictures, and I can reference almost any event in my life in the past, say, 5 years, with a photographic evidence.

That comes handy when you move often, or when little babies are involved.  If it isn't for the images, I wouldn't believe that I once used to live in London - and not so long ago, at that!  And at the speed Johnny grows and changes, I cherish every single iPhone snapshot of his adorable little face.

Besides, I really dig the idea of a photo-diary.  Pictures are not just captured instances, they also have the potential to tell stories.  For I like taking photos, but I love telling stories.

Here are a few Instagrams of the last couple of weeks.  

In order of appearance: sunset over Suburbia at the end of the longest day of the year; Johnny in harmony with the Great Outdoors; Shelby has a sweet tooth; summertime is easy living; John gave me farmers' market flowers for the first time since Johnny was born; Mom and I went shopping for seeds last weekend so that she can plant California flowers when she returns to Bulgaria; and my new running shoes serve me well when house hunting (pool is optional).


  





No comments:

Post a Comment