Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Trip to Steinbeck's Country

Last weekend we took a trip to my in-laws up in Tassajara - our first big adventure with Johnny - and we stopped in Monterey on the way there. It felt great to get away from suburbia for awhile, and it led nicely to the midweek break for Independence Day.

Here are some of the shots I took while juggling between playing a tour-guide for my Mom and making sure that Johnny is comfortable in the sun and the salty ocean breeze. Being a full time mommy and a part time photographer is fun!

A few technical notes: I discovered that my telephoto lens takes pretty decent shallow DoF images at 50mm, even at f 4.5. Also, the pale pink light during sunset at Tassajara is absolutely stunning, and the way the fog crawls between the ridges is a rare treasure not only to photograph, but to experience. 

The portraits of me and Johnny were taken, as usual, by John.









No comments:

Post a Comment