Sunday, May 3, 2015

3, 34, 70

This weekend we got together with the relatives up at Tassajara to celebrate three birthdays and the general awesomeness of our family.  I rented a wide angle, large aperture lens (the monster 24mm, f/1.4 by Nikon) and I took pictures of the event, which consisted of kids, babies, ducks, dogs, and more kids running around like crazy and having a jolly good time.  We had cake, we drank wine, we talked a bit, and we watched the kids being kids to the delight of my father-in-law John.  He's turning 70 this summer, and for awhile now I had this idea to get all of his grandchildren in one room for him.  It turned out great, and I am not even going to complain about the long drive there and back, and the fact that Johnny was sick most of the way.  It was worth it, and I am glad.  Family is important.

A couple of notes: There are 5 candles on the cake instead of 3 because this is how Johnny wanted it, and you don't argue with threenager logic.  Also, the photos of my pretty kitty Shelby were test shots and obviously don't belong in the series, but I included them anyway since she's so very cute.

I hope you guys had a great weekend too!  

P.S. Oh, and one more thing - I will be migrating my photo blog to a new domain soon, along with a new design and content.  Stay tuned for updates.


















No comments:

Post a Comment