Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Blasé Labor Day Weekend, part deux

No matter how many times I visit the mountains where my in-laws live, I can't help but be in awe by the striking beauty of the place.  I admit that I miss some of the modern urban life conveniences during my stay (like a fast Internet connection), but I certainly don't miss the noise and the stress.  It's so quiet there it's deafening, and at night you can see the Milky Way with a naked eye - there's no light pollution or low-flying jet planes.  

My favorite things about Tassajara are, in no particular order:  the sea of clouds view over the ridges during sunset and sunrise, the evening light falling on my mom-in-law's counter top, the morning light in the tree tops, the light, all the time.  

The Moon shot needed quite a bit of post-processing (I took it at around 5 am), but hey, I am getting so good at improvised, hand-held Moon shots.  Also, I love the one of the bird stealing cat food.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment