Thursday, May 16, 2013

Johnny in the Park

This is the first time I shot with a different DSLR than mine, and I am quite loving the Nikon D300, though I can't tell you exactly why.  I might even upgrade to a full frame one day soon, and I'll make sure I also procure a wider lens with a low aperture.  These were taken with a friend's 35 mm, and really, they are just test shots for the wedding gig this weekend.  

Johnny is such a great subject to photograph.  His portraits are my favorite thing - they are intimate and special, because they help me see him in a different way through the viewfinder than I usually see him with my Mommy eyes.  He is such a big boy now.  Look at him!

Bonus

Cranky Johnny at sleepy time.  I was practicing capturing facial expressions. Anything in the name of art :)














No comments:

Post a Comment