Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Part Three: The Mountain (and the beach again)

We had a great Thanksgiving with my in-laws and the puppies, and the only challenge I had was to accept the presence of the big giant dead bird that was sitting in the middle of the table.  The winter holidays are always tough on me as I am a vegetarian for moral reasons.  But this aside, it was a wonderfully intimate and lovely family gathering, and I hope you had a nice time with your loved ones too this Thanksgiving!

Tassajara is this enchanted place.  There's no describing it, or at least I am not ready to do so, not yet, and surely not here.  You must see it and experience it for yourself.  Reading Steinbeck might help too, and drinking lots of red wine.  I hope that these images would help you get transported and sense even a little bit of the freedom, beauty, and magic that reside there...

And on the way back we stopped at the Monterey State Beach, you know, because it was right there.  

Favorite images: the portraits of the three Johns and the flare blasting sun paired with the American flag at the beach.

Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment